Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Calendars

Trying to keep Lily's schedule straight again with all her therapy is kind of making me crazy. Speech, PT, OT, DTH, DTV, dr.'s appointments...It's not like I haven't dealt with it before when she first came home from the hospital. It is just taking a bit of getting used to again I guess. I am so lucky to be able to spend this time with her. I hope I can end up spending this time with her for a while. We have a great team for her and her next IFSP is coming up on August 28th. We can order a walker for her then and start down that road.

I have to set up an appointment with Dr. Young ENT who specializes in cochlear implant surgery and see if Lily would be eligible. Her cochlea are malformed so they don't always do that. There is a group that meets monthly at Comer's (University of Chicago) and they will be reconvening after the summer in Spetember. I would like to see what our other options re: doctors are for this issue. At least there are some options since we are so close to Chicago!!

This whole journey is complicated. You have one map and then the signs don't match and so you get a map for that area and then another...it's a long road of tangents. I think the first stop was lining up Lily's doctors, then her therapy. I think that having those figured out are part of this journey. Dr. Dana Suskind at Comer's may be another. We shall see!!

2 comments:

hannah m said...

It really is a lot to manage, isn't it?! I look forward to hearing more about the cochlear implant possibility...and a walker - how exciting!

Anonymous said...

dr dana is great she is the recommended we go to CMH for daijah. if you mention daijah to her she will definately know who you are referring to. she is so personal and geniune caring. i highly recommend her.

daijah and tannica