Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tough Day



I had an encounter with kidney cancer a few years ago and have annual MRIs. So I called in to ny favorite nurse at Northwestern Memorial today. Sandy has been great over the past few years even though I only met her once. I can go to the Galter Pavillion now instead of a satelite location to have my chest xray and MRI now. I had a partial nephrectomy of my right kidney. Dr. Smith was awesome and took off about a third of my kidney and then shaped it up with some spare body fat. I tried to get him to take out some extra at the time but he said he couldn't. I have had some ongoing pain on my left side and I am hoping that it is just saggy post-partum muscles and not anything serious. I will be able to go next week.

On a brighter note, I have been able to get Lily to mimic "Mom" now! She usually says it with her tongue in between her lips. it's funny! She does do it deliberately too but doesn't babble it like she does Dada all the time. She is such a peach!!

Yesterday we spent an hour in my room on our queensize bed and she was squirming all over. She is sooo strong now. I was able to trick her into tummy time multiple times and we just had so much fun.




1 comment:

hannah m said...

Dear Karen - I am thinking of you and sending all healthy thoughts your way - please do keep us posted. I am so glad to know you have good people caring for you.

Lily is such a lovebug I can hardly stand it! She is growing and changing so much - in such beautiful ways. And to say mom - be still my heart! Your mamaheart must be soaring!