Monday, December 9, 2013

WE'RE BACK!!

Wow! I can't believe it's going to be two years tomorrow that I have been away from this blog. I have definitely been posting things about her to my Facebook timeline, but now I'm back. And you won't believe how far but we have come. I was reading my last post about Christmas coming up. Well here it comes again. Lily is very much into the tree. She stands next to the tree and takes off the ornaments sometimes and puts them back most times :-) she knows who baby Jesus is. She has her own nativity scene from Fisher-Price. 

And she is deaf and hard of hearing but she is oral. She has terrible balance, but she walks with assistance. She knows her letters backwards and forwards and she knows her colors. She never took to sign language, but she has not forgotten her fingerspelling. She can finger spell faster than I can read it. And she can read!! And we are not talking "go dog go" - we are talking compound complex sentences. I most give Sprout TV and Super Why a thumbs up and much thanks because that is how she has learned to read. She also is reading the captioning on the TV in our bedroom as well. She is amazing! She is in kindergarten although we held her back a year. So she will be 7 in April. We took her Make-A-Wish trip this past summer to San Diego and it was wonderful! She has just come so far!!

To be continued :-)

No comments: