Monday, October 26, 2009

Our Anniversary

Jim and I have now been married 6 years yesterday. It almost came and went without us both acknowledging it. We had a good laugh over it. We've been so busy with the move and Lily.

I was married once before. It was rather like being on an elevator with someone where you just happened to be there with at the same time. You weren't "together", you were just there. He would get on and off occasionally while I just stayed there, alone. And eventually I gave up and got off, and never looked back.

Eventually I met and married Jim. He is the most sentimental, thoughtful, creative, funny, sensitive man --not to mention great dad -- that I know. We have been through alot in the past year. And it seems like we have had to say that every year -- my cancer, Lily's birth and the following chaos, moving, and some other things I won't go into. But the whole time he has always been there. It is just fact that we are in this together. We didn't exchange cards or gifts this year, but just knowing that he is here for us is the best anniversary and life present I could ever get.

I love you Jim.

3 comments:

Kurby Family said...

Very sweet post. Having someone who understands you and can see you through the hard times allows you to laugh and celebrate louder with the good times. Being there for each other and knowing that love is there is much more important than any card or gift. It sounds like you two are a great match that can weather any storm. Congrats and Happy Anniversary!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Happy Anniversary!

hannah m said...

Happy Anniversary, Karen and Jim! I'm so happy you found each other and made Sweetest Miss Lily.