Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Long Days....Night

Today I had barf first thing in the morning from Lily. I was trying to tell Lily this barfing thing (from an overnight feed no less! Never usually happens) was so 6 months ago but she wasn't listening - she fell asleep on the changing table so i strapped her in. That was followed by not being able to find my cell phone (we are landline-less here) to call and put off Lily's OT appointment. So Melissa came anyway to teach me brushing and joint compression therapies. Then Lily woke up and was able to play pretty well with us. She did not mind the therapies at all. I will have to work up to the 4 to 5 times per day she said I should be doing. We have therapy every day but Friday and I am overjoyed thinking about that. Hoping the weather will be beautiful and not so humid so we can go for a walk or to a new park or something fun. I have been inside for 2 days and getting cabin fever.

Sort of off topic...I have found a new sippy cup that I want Lily to get a chance to try. I always worry about bateria building up when I have to take formula everywhere. Especially with the 3 hours until each feed. (She is gtube fed or did I mention that??) The cup is the Foogo Sippy Cup from Thermos. I will give a review at some point after we manage to buy it.

Tonight was pushing past my limits too because Lily screwed up her sleep and her feeds and would not go down. I oped her box from the vendor we get our delivery kits for the pump and they were not the right bags. After a call to them they said that Paul who lived nearby would be stopping by to drop them off along with the backordered MicKey button. Yeah! When he stopped by I was on the phone with unemployment trying to find out where my check was. So frustrating. Needless to say that she went to bed about 10 minutes ago finally and so will I.

3 comments:

Crystal M. said...

Eva has been mixing up her days and nights here and there also. Its horrible when I am so super tired.
You know I do not know many CHARGErs in Illinois we should really try and get together sometime and let the girls meet. Lily is adorable.
I hope everything continues to go well.
Crystal and Eva

Crystal M. said...

Oh yeah I remembered Eva's blog os set to private but you are more then welcome to send me an email if you want to be added to the invite list to view it. crystalm1476@hotmail.com

hannah m said...

Hoping the rest of your day with Lily was great! Ice cream? :-)