Saturday, August 16, 2008

This week in Lily's World

Monday we had an appointment at Easter Seals to check how she is hering with her hearing aid. They made a great ear mold for us the last time we were there. Her DVH (Developmental Hearing Therapist) came with and sat in the booth to watch Lily's reactions while the audiologist tried some noises. She did pretty well for a first time (without fluid in her ears or an ear infection), her timpanogram for her ears still is flat so that is still a mystery. I wonder if other Chargers out there have the same issue or if this is just one of Lily's quirks.

We had PT also and she got herself worked up and threw up. After a little recovery time we did some work on the ball and she enjoyed herself. She was a trooper.

She had her vision eval as well. it is really hard to put anything past her. Now I just have to remember to make an appointment with her eye doctor!!

Her IFSP is coming up August 28th. I hope we have all our ducks in a row for it.

2 comments:

Crystal M. said...

Eva's "good" ear is her CHARGE ear where it is floppy and doesn't stand up straight. It is so hard to keep an aid on her ear. I am so glad you got someone to make a great mold for Lily, we have a hard time getting one for Eva even after I give my opinions.
I hope everything continues to go well.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

hannah m said...

Miss Lily's been busy! It sounds like Vivian and Lily have been up to some similar activities - Viv had her hearing test and got molds made for aids as well.

As far as the timpanogram goes, Viv's was initially flat at her pre- ABR - but her audiologist made sure she was REALLY still and switched to another machine - and then it was nicely rounded. I'm sure your audiologist tried this, but I remember thinking "wow - that's so sensitive" so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Hope you're all well! Give your Sweet Lily hugs from us! Viv sends raspberries, of course!